Home Stories Facts News Forum Register Contact
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1914 nonsense
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:31 am 

Came across another WT 1914 generation piece. I dont really need to read this stuff as I left years ago and have no belief in the WT confidence trick anymore....But thought it might be of use for some others.

I like anything that can be summed up clearly by one paragraph, as indeed the quote below is, and then one can see that the WT are not prophets but clueless and having got the central theme of their -'end is nigh' - predictions so wrong, one can stop wasting time checking the rest of their nonsense out and get on with life.

Having spent years of my life studying worthless material, I dont wish to spend the rest of my life un-studying such like. Life's too short.

..............................................................................................

An excerpt from that 1968 October 8 issue.

What will the 1970's Bring? - g1968 10/8, p. 13- 14

The fact that fifty-four years of the period called the "last days" have already gone by is highly significant. It means that ONLY A FEW YEARS, AT MOST, remain before the corrupt system of things dominating the earth is destroyed by God. How can we be so CERTAIN of this?

One way is by noting what Jesus said when he gave his great prophecy about the "last days." After he listed the many events that would mark this period, he also stated, "Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." -- Matt. 24:34.

Jesus was OBVIOUSLY speaking about those who were old enough to witness with understanding what took place when "the last days" began. Jesus was saying that some of those persons who were alive at the appearance of the 'sign of the last days' would still be alive when God brought this system to its end.

Even if we presume that youngsters 15 years of age would be perceptive enough to realize the import of what happened in 1914, it would still make the youngest of "this generation" nearly 70 years old today. So the great majority of the generation to which Jesus was referring has already passed away in death. The remaining ones are approaching old age. And remember, Jesus said that the end of this wicked world would come before that generation passed away in death. This, of itself, tells us that the years left before the foretold end comes cannot be many. - Emphasis in original

............................................................................................

Since publishing that, the WT have revised their explanation of the term 'generation' so that it could mean anything, and have deleted the foreword in the Awake Magazine which gave a summary of the - 'last days generation not passing away' - theme of the publication.

The last combatants in the UK from the first world war have all died, when the last one passed away it was interesting that The BBC covered the news event with the heading - 'End of a generation'.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 pm 

They keep moving those goal posts!

The terms and conditions I accepted when I bought into their bs have changed beyond recognition.

It is their stance on blood and organ transplants which angers me the most. Depending on the date you needed either also determined whether your acceptance of it got you disfellowshipped or worse died through lack of it.

The fact that their Orwellian behaviour and attitude towards their numerous changes and flip-flopping of doctrines is why I believe they are 100% blood guilty and should be made to be accountable.

A class action lawsuit by those whose lives they have ruined would bring publicity to their duplicitousness and after the Steven Unthank case I have no doubt they would wriggle out of it and get the case dismissed. Adverse publicity is the best we could hope for and only if we could get the mass media reporting it.

With the internet so widely available and past literature coming back to bite them actual d2d converts must be very few now. Their own is only a 37% retention rate so I do believe we will see major changes sometime after the 1914 100 year anniversary.

The memorial season seems to have brought with it an influx of new posters on JWN. Respectfully observing nothing, now most congs have no anointed amongst them and those who do partake are deemed "mentally unbalanced" by the GB must be a wtf moment and a wake up call to many.

Speculation as to how the 100 year marker of Christ's invisible return should be celebrated by apostates has started already on Facebook. I think the GB are hoping most jws will forget but we won't let them.

I foresee an exodus of members over the next few years. Perhaps not on the scale of the 1975 debarcle but I can imagine many will be "worshipping with a date in mind to get out" if the big A hasn't happened by then!

Meanwhile I will continue to expose expose expose the lies of the WTBTS.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:15 pm 

I would sum up the 1914 nonsense so:-

Russell came up with 1914, (eventually) from measuring passages in the Great Pyramid at Gaza, see Finished Mystery book. Pyramids are symbols of Satanic worship as agreed by Rutherford when he dropped the Pyramid but not the 1914 date it pointed too.

Jesus said "no man would know the day or the hour", so either Russell was God himself, or he was in error.

Russell manipulated Biblical Text until he got it to confirm what he found from the pyramid, except not quite, he had to use the date 607BC for the date of the fall of Jerusalem whereas every single other source, including the Jews themselves, state it was 586 BC.

The only Kingdom that was birthed as a result of 1914 was the Kingdom of Satan not the kingdom of Jesus, in its infancy this kingdom was known as the League of Nations, nowadays it is called the New World Order and its vehicle the United Nations, interestingly its symbol is....the Pyramid of Gaza, so maybe Russell was right after all, he just got the identity of the gods wrong.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:58 pm 

They were just "lucky" that world war broke out in 1914. What is strange is they infer all this happened in October 1914. But by October the war was well under way!

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:26 pm 

Cantleavehasleft wrote:
They were just "lucky" that world war broke out in 1914. What is strange is they infer all this happened in October 1914. But by October the war was well under way!

"Lucky"?, maybe, though its quite a stroke of luck, its one of the main things that made me initially believe in the JWs

Iam more inclined to believe that Russell inadvertently set the date for WW1.

You see, Russell was a Zionist, he was in written communication with Lord Rothschild who was certainly the richest and most influential man in the Zionist movement, British PM, David Lloyd George described Rothschild as the most powerful man in Britain in 1909.

Now, whilst Iam only guessing here, do you consider it feasible that Russell would have shared his "discovery" from the Pyramid, and the Bible, that a Kingdom of God is to come in 1914?

A lot of historical research points the finger at Rothschild for manipulating events leading to WW1, he was certainly the main party in the Balfour Declaration that resulted in Britain's treachery to the Palestinians and the start on the road to the formation of Israel.

My theory is that Rothschild might have used Russells 1914 prophesy as a possible Biblical validation of the restoration of Israel and so used that date to set the events in motion.

Report this post